Thursday, May 20, 2010

May 20, 2010

OK...I know I have been horrible with this blog thing and I have to be honest....I really didn't think people read it!! I have had quite a few people tell me that they miss my blog so I thought I would try to get back on track with it. Ironically, I received a message from some random person on face book asking me to join her page regarding her weight loss journey so I did because I am always looking for other people to inspire me. Anyway, she was saying how she was hoping to be on the biggest loser and didn't make it so she sat back and reflected what she really wanted out of it. It is cool because she is doing everything that she could do on the biggest loser and that is hiring a personal trainer, sharing her progress for the world to see, posting pictures for the world to see, and meeting with a nutritionist and counselor. I thought...what a GREAT idea!!! So, I am going to keep up with sharing the journey with all of you. I will also post (hopefully this weekend) pictures! A good friend of mine keeps asking me if I have taken pictures and I always say no!! I know I need to take them because down the road I will look back and be shocked! There is already a picture from my brother's wedding that kills me every time I see it and I will NEVER be back at that weight of 317 lbs. Anyway, I do meet with a personal trainer once a week and go to weight watchers for my nutritional part. So....who needs to be on the biggest loser anyway!!!!

So the journey has been up and down since my last post. I have now lost a total of 34.2 lbs and weight 277.8 I believe. If you were to ask me today how I feel things are going I would tell you absolutely horrible and I am a health failure!! Today has been the crappiest eating day I have probably had since I started weight watchers 5 months ago. I have ate everything and anything and really had no desire to quit. I feel miserable which is probably a good thing and it is a nice reminder as to why I don't want to do that again! It's kind of like a person with a hangover who asks themselves why in the hell they went out and drank so much! Anyway, I know tomorrow is a new day and I look forward to a fresh start. I really do feel good about the progress I am making. I would be lying if I were to say I was happy with the pace because of course I would like to lose 5 lbs every week! I know that is not realistic and in order for it to stay off for good I need small losses but I become VERY impatient! My mother has also gotten back into weight watchers so it has been fun comparing things with her as well as our success!

I am still planning on doing the half marathon in January in Phoenix. I know it will be a HUGE challenge but my gosh if the biggest loser people can do marathons and one of them is still over 300 lbs there is NO reason I can't do a half! A friend of mine has already registered so I can't back out now because it was my idea!!

Alright...I am done rambling. I look forward to a new fresh day and I also look forward to continuing to share my journey with all of you! Please take special care of yourselves because we never know when things in our lives may change!

Love and Peace to all....Jvonne

No comments:

Post a Comment